If you're planning a trip or vacation, move to Florida, or just out of curiosity, read on to see the cost of living in this state. We have compiled a price list of many products and services to help you.
Prices in supermarkets in Florida
How much does it cost to fill your shopping cart in Florida? Here is a list of prices for meat, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, cereals, alcoholic beverages, and soft drinks:
- Bread (250g) = $ 1,245
- An egg box = $ 2.39
- One lb of chicken wings = $ 5.79
- One lb of apples = $ 4.37
- One liter of milk = $ 0.81
- One lb of local cheese = $ 8.29
- One lb of cabbage = $ 1.68
- One lb of onion = $ 2.15
- 1 lb of potatoes = $ 2.25
- 1 lb of tomatoes = $ 3.04
- 1 lb of oranges = $ 4.14
- 1 lb of bananas = $ 1.35
Clothing and footwear prices in Florida
Even if you come with your clothing, it is quite important to know how much a skirt or a pair of jeans costs in Florida. Check the list of prices below:
- A pair of leather shoes with a suit = $ 81.24
- A pair of jeans = $ 35.84
- A summer dress for ladies = $ 29.95
- A pair of Nike shoes = $ 64.66
Prices for services in Florida
How much does it cost to surf the Internet or make a phone call from Florida? Find out here:
- Monthly rate for ADSL internet = $ 52
- The rate for water, gas, and electricity per month for an apartment of 80 m2 = $ 108.41
- 1-minute call with a prepaid phone = $ 0.11
- A cinema ticket = $ 11.12
- Monthly subscription to the gym = $ 35.57
Shipping costs to Florida
If you need a transit ticket or to fill your car with gasoline in Florida, check the prices below:
- One way ticket = $ 1.93
- Minimum price for taxi = $ 2.52
- Monthly subscription for public transport = $ 96.27
- One hour by taxi = $ 23.1
- Price / km for taxi = $ 1.65
- Toyota Corolla 1.6l 97kW = $ 17,529.9
- Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline = $ 18,825.4
- 1 liter of petrol = $ 0.62
Rental Rates in Florida
Renting a house is one of the most widespread real estate practices. So, check the prices and see what suits you better.
- Rent for a one bedroom apartment in the center = $ 1,552.67
- Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the suburbs = $ 1,137.23
- Rent for a three-room apartment in the center = $ 2,807.07
- Rent for a three-room apartment in the suburbs = $ 1,833.70
- Price / m2 in the center = $ 3,460.52
- Price / m2 in the suburbs = $ 1,895.79
We hope that our investigation helped you assess your budget when moving to Florida. If you have additional questions, please contact us for more information.
Wages of Florida: Figures Discovered
If you want to live your American dream in Florida, you should know the average wages. The future belongs to the IT industry, the highest-paid job today in Florida.
Americans who are still in school and have not yet decided which path to take in life may want to focus on two major industries: technology and health. That's because 18 of the top 25 highest-paying jobs in the United States are concentrated in these two sectors, according to the latest study by Glassdoor Consulting Company.
However, more than half of the highest paid jobs this year were in the technology sector. This is the fourth year in a row that employees in the IT industry have enjoyed the highest salaries in the United States, with the lowest average gross salary being over $ 20,000 a year.
But let’s see other average wages in Florida and make a reasonable comparison.
Florida Minimum Wage = $ 1,098
Average paycheck in Florida = $ 2,192.95
Florida accountant salary = $ 3,776.27
Florida architect salary = $ 4,498.06
Florida babysitter salary = $ 1,472.06
Florida waiter salary = $ 2,193.85
Florida bricklayer salary = $ 2,526.71
So, as you see, the wages don’t exceed the average too much. Some Florida residents can’t handle all the expenses, financial emergencies, or long-term debts. With banks and lending companies, Florida authorities thought about this situation and created special financial products called short-term loans.
Short-term loans (up to $500) are legal in Florida. Florida people can take payday loans for 7-31 days. It’s all set by Florida Statutes Chapter 560.402 et seq.1. The maximum APR on these cash advances is 419%. Also, you may be charged 10% additionally for every $100 borrowed. This loan must be paid off on time without extensions or rollovers.
If you live in Florida and need more money, get installment loans (up to $5,000 with a maximum term of 36 months) or personal loans (up to $35,000 with an entire period of 60 months). The APR of these loans varies from 4,99% to 6,63%.
In such a case, Florida consumers have the right to consult a financial expert and get money advice to overcome the difficult times. Do you have questions about the lending industry in Florida, or need a financial expert, contact us for more details.